10 Things you didn’t know about Bollywood
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Bollywood
We’re counting down the Top 10 most interesting facts you didn’t know about Bollywood films and the celebrities which star in them…
In celebration of the new channel 9X Jalwa on Yamgo we’ve decided to give you a taster of some of the great programmes you can expect from the channel including a selection of 101 clips showing you behind the scenes news, gossip and facts from Bollywood.
We have chosen 10 of our favourite and most interesting facts for you to discover about famous Bollywood movies and the film stars of B-Town:
10. In the film “Heroine” Kareena Kapoor wore over 130 different dresses provided from top designers from all over the world. It has been reported that Kareena’s wardrobe for the film was one of the most expensive out of all the Bollywood films ever created.
9. Diana Penty’s character in “Cocktail” was originally given to Deepika Padukone. Also you may not know that Deepika Padukone was replaced by Diana Penty as Maybelline’s brand ambassador- so there may be some rivalry between the two!
8. The film Lagaan by Aamir Khan has the most number of British actors playing a significant role in the entire history of Bollywood cinema.
7. Aamir Khan’s favourite games are chess and the Rubiks cube.
6. Out of all the movies ever made around the world, the movie with the most number of songs is ‘Indra Sabha’ with a total of 71 songs-that’s a lot of singing!
5. Hrithik Roshan ordered 50 books online on “How to Stop Smoking” and then gave them to all his friends.
4. Shah Rukh Khan’s least favourite school subject was Hindi. To encourage SRK with his learning, his mother offered to take him to see a Hindi film if he improved.
3. The longest film in the world is also a Bollywood film. ‘LOC: Kargil’ is 4 hours and 25 minutes long-so be sure you’re sitting comfortably if you plan to watch it.
2. Around 2-3 Bollywood films are created every single day
1. Bollywood is older than Hollywood. The first Bollywood film was in 1899 whereas the first Hollywood movie was filmed in 1907.
So there you have it, our top 10 fun facts about Bollywood. We hope you enjoyed the facts and we would love to hear your thoughts and any interesting facts you may know so why not share them with us below…